Saturday, October 14, 2006

wedding dreaming

MOOD/KINDA TIRED//
NOISE/BROOKE FRASER & THE CLUNKING FAN//

i just woke up from one of the whackiest dreams i've had in a while - & lately, i've been having some pretty whacky ones, let me tell you.

the dream was set as far as i can tell in the colonial era - think convict australia or pirates of the caribbean...& my fiance and i were on the run [someone is always chasing me in my dreams] making it very difficult to get married - every time we got close to getting hitched, whoever was chasing us got close to catching us [or maybe just him, & i was guilty by association - this is a new element, usually i'm the one being pursued!].

as a result of this broad theme, there were all sorts of random shenanigans...some how i picked up an extra bridesmaid [i'm only having two - my sisters, makes it easy to not offend anyone] and when it got time to the big day [or as close as we got in my dream] and we were all dressed, i find that my bridesmaids are wearing three very different dresses. my youngest sister is wearing this monstrous sequined taffeta and tule construction that was shipped up from melbourne too late to send it back and looked like something you might put on a flower girl [if you didn't particularly like your flower girl]. another bridesmaid [the random ring-in] was wearing quite a cool dress - halter neck, white with silver embroidery, an asymetric multilayered hemline [nice cocktail dress], & i can't for the life of me remember what my older sister was wearing.

crazy...i just realised that reading another person's dream is almost as boring as listening to it! oops!

oh well. my point in writing this is maybe i have some not so subconscious worries regarding the wedding. i'm letting my sisters pick what they want to wear [although i get final say] but we haven't found a dress that we really thought was nice, and maybe there's some apprehension there that there will be no unifying theme to the wedding - & we'll end up with a hodge-podge of randomness.

the artist in me shrinks at that - i like order, i like visual cohesiveness, i like things to tell a coherent visual story...

that and i feel like we're running out of time to get everything organised [even though there's 6mths to go]. i need to chill a bit i think.

we'll get it all done...we'll get it all done...we'll get it all done... [this is my new mantra]....we'll get it all done....'cause we always do :S

No comments: